In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Dixfield Historical Society

Butterfield's Store, East Dixfield , ca. 1910

Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
MMN Item 79307 Item Details
Butterfield's Store, East Dixfield , ca. 1910
MMN Item 79307 Zoom

Description

This photograph of Butterfield's Store in East Dixfield Village shows how it looked around 1910. In the late 1800s W. H. Winslow founded and ran Butterfield's Store for nearly thirty years before turning it over to Edith and Clara Butterfield. The building was on the Dixfield side of Main Street and held the first post office. Butterfield's was a general store but concentrated more in millinery, clothing, remnants and wholsale products. The Butterfield's closed in 1930.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.